We provide expert advice on landlord accounting services, property consultancy and strategy, property account services and non-resident landlord tax returns.
landlord accounting services
Changes to stamp duty and mortgage interest relief have made the tax situation more complex and many landlords have realised that now is the time to review their affairs to optimise their tax position. Many complexities can arise from this, where there is a need for an experience property tax specialist.
PK Accounting Service is specialists in property, helping clients ranging from individuals with one property, right up to several rental properties. We understand the property market and associated challenges and issues. We work with residential and commercial landlords operating independently or via and company, as well as property developers and non-residents with UK property.
We provide a proactive service – we seek to meet with you regularly to find out about your situation as keeping us updated with your affairs and plans helps us to add greatest value to the service you receive and therefore the tax savings we can achieve.
Typically, our service includes advising on:
- Recent changes to mortgage interest relief and stamp duty
- Restructuring arrangements
- Capital Gains Tax planning
- Dealing with HMRC property tax enquiries & investigations
- Dealing with all compliance issues
- Tax planning and support for families involved in buy to let businesses
Non-Resident Landlord Tax Returns
Dealing with the various property tax issues is a difficulty that landlords accept they will have to contend with. Added to which the tax rules for non-resident property owners have become more complex in recent years as the property tax and capital gains tax rules have changed.
PK Accounting Service providing a complete tax and accountancy support service. We are qualified and regulated accounting and tax professionals, with experience supporting individuals with international tax affairs.
Typically, our service can include:
- Preparing annual tax returns for landlords based outside the UK
- Ensuring landlords continue to receive rents without deduction of tax
- Registering with the UK tax authorities
- Advising on income and capital gains tax changes
- Receiving statements directly from managing agents
- Dealing with HMRC queries or enquiries
- Dealing with corporates owning properties and ATED returns
- Receiving payments and making tax payments from client funds, where appropriate.
Service Charge Accounts
Within most leases there is often a requirement for the landlord to provide an annual statement of service charge expenditure to occupiers after a service charge period. It is common for the annual statement to be certified by the landlord’s surveyor, managing agent and accountant.
Where there is no express requirement in the lease to prepare an annual statement of service charge expenditure it is considered good practice as it provides a level transparency to the occupiers if a service charge statement is prepared and certified.
Our principal aim is to assist property management agencies and property owners to meet their service charge obligations and obtain certification. Our clients rely on us to deliver a comprehensive, flexible, value-for-money service backed by a thorough understanding of the commercial and residential property industry.
Our services include:
- Preparation and certifying the annual statement of service charge expenditure
- Ensuring recoverable and non-recoverable expenses are correctly allocated
- Preparation of statutory accounts for management companies
- VAT and other tax advice
- We work closely with managing agents and leaseholders alike, delivering an efficient, timely and cost-effective service.
Get in Touch for a FREE Consultation
Not sure if you need an accountant that specialises in helping Landlord, or if PK Accounting Service is the right accountancy for you?